Robert F. Simon
Robert Simon’s practice includes land use regulation before local zoning and planning boards; real estate-related litigation including land use, tenancy, tax appeal, condemnation, and title actions; and commercial and residential real estate transactions.
Mr. Simon is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Land Use Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association; Board Attorney for the Township of Tewksbury Land Use Board; Special Land Use Counsel for the Borough of Wallington as to Affordable Housing litigation; and Board Attorney for the Township of Millburn Board of Adjustment.
He has previously served as District Chair for the Office of Attorney Ethics, District XIII Fee Arbitration Committee; Panel Chair, District V-B Fee Arbitration Committee; and Chairman of the Borough of Peapack-Gladstone Land Use Board. He has participated as a panelist at land use seminars sponsored by ICLE and Lorman Education Services. Mr. Simon has also been qualified as an expert witness in real estate litigation matters by the Superior Court and District Court of New Jersey.
Mr. Simon received his B.A. from The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, and his J.D. from Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York, where he served as a member of the Editorial Board of the New Europe Law Review. He was a judicial law clerk to the Honorable R. Benjamin Cohen, J.S.C. He has been admitted to practice law in New Jersey and New York, including U.S. District Court (District of New Jersey; Southern and Eastern District of New York) and U.S. Court of Appeals (Second and Third Circuit).
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1991
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 1987
- New Jersey, 1992
- New York, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1995
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2001
- New Jersey Bar Association, Real Estate and Land Use Law Sections
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Board of Directors – Land Use Law Section
- Office of Attorney Ethics, District XIII (Hunterdon, Somerset and Warren Counties) Fee Arbitration Committee, Former Chairman
- Office of Attorney Ethics, District V-B Fee Arbitration Committee, Former Panel Chair
- Borough of Peapack and Gladstone, Zoning/Planning Boards, Former Member and Chairman
- Marcus, Dubrow and Simon, P.C., Maplewood, New Jersey, Partner
- Honorable Benjamin Cohen, former presiding Judge, Chancery Division, Essex County, New Jersey, Judicial Law Clerk
Offering Clear, Actionable Help And Advice
Our experienced legal professionals are ready to evaluate your case and craft customized strategies.
Herold Law, P.A., provides a full range of legal services for businesses in New Jersey, New York, and Florida. To speak with a legal professional experienced in your area of need, call 908-647-1022 or complete our simple intake form to schedule a consultation. While located in Warren, New Jersey for the convenience of our New Jersey clients, we also serve clients in New York and Florida.