Joseph M. Lemond
For over 30 years, Joseph M. Lemond has counseled clients on federal and state tax matters involving trust and estate planning, estate administration and individual tax planning. His counseling includes designing and implementing estate and succession plans involving charitable income tax deductions, qualified plan/IRA assets, generation skipping transfer tax “dynasty” trusts, life insurance trusts, charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, and family limited partnerships. Active in national and state bar associations, Joseph is a past Chair of the Taxation Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, and a member of the Section of Taxation of the American Bar Association.
Prior to joining Herold Law, P.A. in 1994, Joseph was an attorney at McCarter & English in Newark, New Jersey.
- New Rules on Retirement Plan and IRA Distributions, Taxation Law Section Newsletter, September, 2002
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit Basics and Financing, Real Estate Law Journal, Spring, 1993
- Weaver v. Commissioner: Method of Accounting or Deferred Compensation Plan? Taxation Law Section Newsletter, August, 2005
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- LL.M., Master of Laws
- Major: Taxation
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Rutgers College
- Honors: High Honors
- New Jersey, 1990
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Taxation Section, Chair
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Taxation Section, Executive Committee, Member
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section, S-Corporation Committee, Member
- McCarter & English, Newark, New Jersey, Associate Attorney, 1994
Offering Clear, Actionable Help And Advice
Our experienced legal professionals are ready to evaluate your case and craft customized strategies.
Herold Law, P.A., provides a full range of legal services for businesses in New Jersey, New York, and Florida. To speak with a legal professional experienced in your area of need, call 908-647-1022 or complete our simple intake form to schedule a consultation. While located in Warren, New Jersey for the convenience of our New Jersey clients, we also serve clients in New York and Florida.