Craig S. Provorny
Shareholder and Managing Director
908-647-1022 | [email protected]
Civil Litigation | Environmental Litigation | Labor and Employment | Trust and Estate Litigation | Insurance Coverage Litigation
Craig Provorny is Managing Director of Herold Law. His practice focuses on the representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in trust and estate litigation, environmental cost recovery actions, plaintiff insurance recovery, counseling clients in employment related matters, and general commercial litigation. Craig has appeared in both state and federal courts, including the trial, appellate, and New Jersey Supreme Court.
Representative cases for Mr. Provorny include:
– Trial counsel for purchaser of property defrauded by the seller in obtaining environmental approvals from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
– Trial counsel for gasoline station landlord whose property was contaminated with gasoline discharged by the station operator.
– Trial counsel for family who were partners in a business and whose assets were transferred to two other businesses without their knowledge.
– Trial counsel for individuals whose ERISA pension benefits were wrongfully withheld.
– Trial counsel for corporations seeking to obtain insurance coverage for remediation of contaminated property.
– Trial counsel for individual denied disability insurance.
– Trial counsel for bankrupt corporation suing prior officers and directors for breach of fiduciary duty.
– Trial counsel for individuals suffering personal injury from mold exposure.
Prior to joining Herold Law, P.A. in 1992, Mr. Provorny served in the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety as an Assistant Environmental Prosecutor in the Office of the Environmental Prosecutor, as well as a Deputy Attorney General representing the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
- Note, “The Outer Limits of Section 542 of the Bankruptcy Code: United States v. Whiting Pools, Inc. Revisited,” 7 Cardozo L. Rev. 935 (1986).
- Co-Author, “Personal Liability for Shareholders, Officers,” N.J. Law Journal (June 8, 1992).
- Co-Author, “A Guide to Environmental Laws Impacting Real Estate Development & Construction,” N.J. Building Contractor, Volume 11 (1992).
- Morristown Associates v. Grant Oil Co., 220 N.J. 360 (2015)
- Celanese Ltd. v. Essex County Improvement Authority, 404 N.J. Super. 514 (App. Div. 2009)
- James Hitesman v. Bridgeway, Inc. d/b/a Bridgeway Care Center, 218 N.J. 8 (2014)
- Trimarco v. Trimarco, 396 N.J. Super. 207 (App. Div. 2007)
- In re Contest of the Democratic Primary Election, 367 N.J. Super. 261 (App. Div. 2004)
- Villa Enterprises Management Ltd. v. Federal Insurance Company, 360 N.J. Super. 166 (Law Div. 2002)
- In re Cadgene Family Partnership, 286 N.J. Super. 270 (App. Div. 1995)
- Regional Recycling, Inc. v. State of N.J. Department of Environmental Protection, 127 N.J. 568 (1992)
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1986
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 1977
- New Jersey, 1986
- Pennsylvania, 1986
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1987
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- New York
- American Jewish Committee, Executive Committee, 1991
- New Jersey State Bar Association: Employment and Litigation Sections
- Somerset County Bar Association
- New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety, Assistant Environmental Prosecutor, Office of the Environmental Prosecutor, 1992
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, Deputy Attorney General
Offering Clear, Actionable Help And Advice
Our experienced legal professionals are ready to evaluate your case and craft customized strategies.
Herold Law, P.A., provides a full range of legal services for businesses in New Jersey, New York, and Florida. To speak with a legal professional experienced in your area of need, call 908-647-1022 or complete our simple intake form to schedule a consultation. While located in Warren, New Jersey for the convenience of our New Jersey clients, we also serve clients in New York and Florida.