James A. Sylvester
James Sylvester focuses his practice on the representation and counseling of business entities and entrepreneurs utilizing his broad business law knowledge and experience and ability to analyze, structure, negotiate and close sophisticated commercial transactions. His corporate, tax and transactional practice provides a wide array of legal services to his business clients including:
– Organization and formation of business entities including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and foreign subsidiaries of US companies;
– Contract negotiation, drafting and analysis;
– Financing transactions, including secured, unsecured, specialty and mezzanine financing with banks and other financing entities;
– Structuring and implementing acquisitions, divestitures, and mergers;
– Commercial Real Estate Transactions including leasing;
– Intellectual Property commercialization including drafting and negation of licensing, royalty agreements, joint development agreements, research agreements and nondisclosure agreements;
– Outsource general counsel services,
– Representation with respect to tax audit and tax litigation;
Mr. Sylvester received his B.A., with Highest Distinction in History, from Rutgers University, his J.D., cum laude, from Seton Hall University School of Law and his Master of Laws, in Taxation, from New York University School of Law.
Mr. Sylvester was Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of Intercat, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Intercat was a privately held specialty chemical company engaged in developing, manufacturing, and selling catalysts, additives and related products globally primarily for use in refining petroleum.
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- LL.M., Master of Laws 1988
- Major: Taxation;
- Seton Hall Law School, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. 1985
- Cum Laude
- Rutgers College, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- B.A. 1982
- Highest Distinction History
- New Jersey, 1985
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1985
- U. S. Tax Court, 1976
- Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of Intercat, Inc. and its subsidiaries, Manasquan, New Jersey 1997 – 2011
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Coastal & Northern New Jersey
- Elder and past President of First Presbyterian Church of Rumson, New Jersey
Offering Clear, Actionable Help And Advice
Our experienced legal professionals are ready to evaluate your case and craft customized strategies.
Herold Law, P.A., provides a full range of legal services for businesses in New Jersey, New York, and Florida. To speak with a legal professional experienced in your area of need, call 908-647-1022 or complete our simple intake form to schedule a consultation. While located in Warren, New Jersey for the convenience of our New Jersey clients, we also serve clients in New York and Florida.