Robert F. Simon
Shareholder and Co-Managing Director
- Real Estate Matters
Robert Simon, a co-Managing Director of the Firm, focuses his practice on a broad range of real estate matters including commercial and residential transactions and litigation, land use regulation, redevelopment law, leasing, financing, property tax appeals, title disputes, condemnation, construction lien, and condominium matters. He also represents clients in a variety of business transactions.
Mr. Simon currently serves through the Office of Attorney Ethics as Chairman of the District XIII (Hunterdon, Somerset and Warren Counties) Fee Arbitration Committee and formerly served as Panel Chair of the District V-B Fee Arbitration Committee. He has been qualified as an expert witness in both Superior Court and Federal Court in legal malpractice and mortgage fraud matters. Mr. Simon also served from 1999 to 2002 as Chairman of the Zoning/Planning Boards of the Borough of Peapack and Gladstone. He has been appointed on numerous occasions by the Superior Court to serve in Guardianship and Special Medical Guardianship proceedings, and has served as an attorney trustee for disbarment matters, and as a Condemnation Commissioner.
Prior to joining Herold Law, P.A., he was a partner with Marcus, Dubrow and Simon, P.C. in Maplewood, New Jersey. He has served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable R. Benjamin Cohen, J.S.C.
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1991
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 00/1987
- New Jersey, 1992
- New York, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1995
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2001
- New Jersey Bar Association, Real Estate and Land Use Law Sections
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Land Use Law Section, Board of Directors
- Office of Attorney Ethics, District XIII (Hunterdon, Somerset and Warren Counties) Fee Arbitration Committee, Chairman
- Office of Attorney Ethics, District V-B Fee Arbitration Committee, Former Panel Chair
- Borough of Peapack and Gladstone, Zoning/Planning Boards, Chairman, 1999 to 2002
- Marcus, Dubrow and Simon, P.C., Maplewood, New Jersey, Partner
- Honorable Benjamin Cohen, former presiding Judge, Chancery Division, Essex County, New Jersey, Judicial Law Clerk