Robert F. Simon
Shareholder and Co-Managing Director
- Real Estate Matters
Robert F. Simon, Esq. is a co-Managing Director of Herold Law, P.A. in Warren, New Jersey. His practice includes land use regulation before local zoning and planning boards; real estate-related litigation including land use, tenancy, tax appeal, condemnation, and title actions; and commercial and residential real estate transactions.
Mr. Simon is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Land Use Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association; Board Attorney for the Township of Tewksbury Land Use Board; and Special Land Use Counsel for the Borough of Wallington as to Affordable Housing litigation.
He has previously served as District Chair for the Office of Attorney Ethics, District XIII Fee Arbitration Committee; Panel Chair, District V-B Fee Arbitration Committee; and Chairman, Borough of Peapack-Gladstone Land Use Board. He has participated as a panelist at land use seminars sponsored by ICLE and Lorman Education Services. Mr. Simon has also been qualified as an expert witness in real estate litigation matters by the Superior Court and District Court of New Jersey.
Mr. Simon received his B.A from The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland and his J.D. from Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York, where he served as a member of the Editorial Board of the New Europe Law Review. He was a judicial law clerk to the Honorable R. Benjamin Cohen, J.S.C. He has been admitted to practice law in New Jersey and New York, including U.S. District Court (District of New Jersey; Southern and Eastern District of New York) and U.S. Court of Appeals (Second and Third Circuit).
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1991
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1987
- New Jersey, 1992
- New York, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1995
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2001
- New Jersey Bar Association, Real Estate and Land Use Law Sections
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Land Use Law Section, Board of Directors
- Office of Attorney Ethics, District XIII (Hunterdon, Somerset and Warren Counties) Fee Arbitration Committee, Chairman
- Office of Attorney Ethics, District V-B Fee Arbitration Committee, Former Panel Chair
- Borough of Peapack and Gladstone, Zoning/Planning Boards, Chairman, 1999 to 2002
- Marcus, Dubrow and Simon, P.C., Maplewood, New Jersey, Partner
- Honorable Benjamin Cohen, former presiding Judge, Chancery Division, Essex County, New Jersey, Judicial Law Clerk