Warren Environmental Law Attorneys Serve NJ Clients
Reputable New Jersey law firm keeps your company in compliance
More than ever before, businesses are cognizant of their responsibility to be proper stewards of the environment for the good of their community. However, compliance with state and federal environmental regulations is so complex that even the most ardent supporters of environmental standards can find themselves in conflict with regulatory agencies and community watchdogs. Worse yet, innocent companies who fail to perform due diligence can find themselves named a “potentially responsible party” for some scofflaw’s mess. Herold Law, P.A. understands the weight of compliance your company faces as well as the risks of liability and loss of reputation. We work assiduously to limit your exposure and remedy any legal issues that arise, so you can operate your business conscientiously and confidently.
Reliable, cost-effective assistance on a full range of environmental issues
Our experienced attorneys provide effective counsel to clients for a variety of environmental matters. Some of the services we provide are:
- Transactional counseling — When clients purchase or sell business entities and real estate, our attorneys provide knowledgeable assessments of Industrial Site Recovery Act (SRA) compliance to help them avoid unanticipated cleanup and toxic tort liabilities.
- Permitting/compliance — Our firm counsels businesses of all types regarding compliance with constantly evolving federal and state regulations. We help our clients secure permits in all environmental media (air, water, waste) and advise clients as to compliance strategies. Our attorneys coordinate and perform audits of performance in various areas: air emissions, waste water discharges, hazardous waste management, occupational exposure, product development, worker and community right-to-know, as well as reporting and disclosure obligations.
- Litigation — Our trial lawyers represent companies in Superfund and state hazardous site enforcement proceedings and related insurance coverage disputes, including determination of responsible party for cleanup obligations. We also handle federal and state enforcement actions with regard to alleged violations of environmental laws.
- Site remediation — We advise clients on selecting contractors and technology for remediation projections. We also negotiate issues of environmental liability and cost cap insurance policies. Our attorneys have a proven track record of negotiating cost-effective cleanup levels and techniques with regulators.
- Policy development — Our attorneys monitor and evaluate policy developments and work closely with clients to determine their impact. We evaluate proposed and newly adopted regulations that affect client operations and comment when appropriate.
- Brownfields — Working with our land use and commercial real estate attorneys, our environmental law staff successfully led some of the first projects under New Jersey’s Brownfields law. We continue to guide clients through the Brownfields process, offering advice on economic incentives and liability protections under state and federal Brownfields programs, including the process for obtaining reimbursement of remediation costs.
Environmental regulations are broad, so your legal representation must have the knowledge and resources to manage any and all issues. Herold Law is a firm you can trust to address your environmental concerns.
Contact our Warren, NJ law firm for environmental law counsel and disputes
Failures in environmental compliance or costly litigation can be devastating for your business. Herold Law, P.A. can help your company operate within the law and resolve conflicts in a cost-effective manner. To speak with an experienced environmental law attorney, call 908-360-1394 or contact us online to schedule a consultation. From our Warren office, we assist clients throughout the State of New Jersey in many counties, including, but not limited to, Bergen, Essex, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, and Union.