Robert J. Donaher
Complex Corporate and Commercial Litigation | Antitrust | Trade Regulation | Information Technology | Health Care Litigation | Corporate Investigations | White Collar Criminal Defense | Insurance Coverage | Insurance Fraud | Chancery and Equity | Environmental Litigation | Corporate Litigation | Appellate Practice | Land Use Litigation
Mr. Donaher is a graduate of Trenton State College (College of New Jersey) and Seton Hall University School of Law. He served as a Deputy Attorney General for the New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice, Bureau of Financial Crimes & Antitrust, where he represented the State of New Jersey in multi-district federal civil antitrust litigation, handled antitrust and white collar criminal investigations and served as antitrust counsel to the Office of the Attorney General.
Bob also has years of experience representing businesses of all sizes from closely held corporations to Fortune 100 Companies in a wide range of matters. He has represented health care providers in litigation and internal and white collar criminal investigations. He also represented health care and business software developers in state and federal investigations and before national and international arbitration tribunals. Mr. Donaher has been elected to the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation (ABF). Membership to the Fellows is limited to one percent of the lawyers admitted to practice in the United States. He is also a member of the Bars of the States of New Jersey and Pennsylvania and is admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the United States Supreme Court. He is a member of the New Jersey State and Hunterdon County Bar Associations, and the former Chair of the State Bar Association’s Special Committee on Antitrust Law. He has also served on the National Association of Attorneys General Antitrust Task Force.
Robert J. Donaher practices primarily in the areas of complex commercial litigation, antitrust and trade regulation, insurance coverage and healthcare reimbursement disputes, environmental and land use litigation, white collar criminal defense and corporate investigations.
Bob is an accomplished litigator. As a former Deputy Attorney General for the New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice, he represented the State of New Jersey in multi-district federal civil antitrust litigation, white collar investigations, and merger reviews. He also conducted civil and criminal investigations of major corporations and other businesses involving alleged procurement abuses.
Bob appears before state and federal courts, as well as administrative agencies, to litigate on behalf of commercial clients in a broad range of industries. These include information technology, health care, pharmaceutical, commercial development, petroleum, energy, gaming, telecommunications, solid waste, manufacturing, utilities, and insurance.
In addition to his trial advocacy work, Bob also has an extensive appellate background. He has successfully handled appeals involving all levels of review before state courts in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, as well as federal appellate courts. Several of Bob’s appellate cases have been published as reported decisions.
- Princeton Healthcare System v. Netsmart New York, Inc., N.J. Super. 467 (App. Div. 2011)
- U.S. Information Syst., Inc. v. Int’l Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local Union No. 3, cert. den., 131 S.Ct. 626 (2010) (United States Supreme Court Cert. Pet. – antitrust conspiracy)
- Continental Insurance v. Honeywell, 406 N.J. Super. 156 (App. Div. 2009)
- Employers Ins. of Wausau v. Crown Cork & Seal, Co., Inc., 942 F.2d. 862 (3d Cir 1991)
- Traveler’s Indemnity Company v. Crown Cork & Seal Co., Inc., 865 F. Supp. 1083 (S.D.N.Y. 1994)
- Employer’s Insurance of Wausau v. Crown Cork & Seal Co., Inc. 1989 WL 71490 (E.D.P.A. June 28, 1989)
- GMAC Corp. v. St. Paul Cos., Civil Action No. 91-1483 JEI, 1992 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 13806 (D.N.J. September 8, 1992)
- Chase Manhattan Bank v. Josephson, 135 N.J. 209 (1994)
- Chase Manhattan Bank v. Josephson, 261 N.J. Super. 428 (App. Div. 1993)
- In re Petition of Hackensack Water Company, 249 N.J. Super. 164 (App. Div. 1991)
- Newark Branch, NAACP v. Harrison, 940 F.2d 792 (3d Cir. 1991)
- In the Matter of the Expungement Petition of D.H., 204 N.J. 7 (2010)
- In Re D.H., 2009 WL 4892636 (N.J. App. Div. Dec. 21, 2009)
- Allstate Insurance Company v. Greenberg, 379 N.J.Super. 419 (Law Div. 2005)
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- Trenton State College
- College of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation (Limited to 1% of members of state and federal bar)
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Former Chairman, NJSBA Special Committee on Antitrust Law
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association Special Committees on Antitrust Law, Appellate Practice and Complex Litigation
- Member, American Association of Health Care Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Past Member, National Association of Attorneys General Antitrust Task Force
- New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice, Bureau of Financial Crimes & Antitrust, Deputy Attorney General
- Office of the Attorney General, Antitrust Counsel
Offering Clear, Actionable Help And Advice
Our experienced legal professionals are ready to evaluate your case and craft customized strategies.
Herold Law, P.A., provides a full range of legal services for businesses in New Jersey, New York, and Florida. To speak with a legal professional experienced in your area of need, call 908-647-1022 or complete our simple intake form to schedule a consultation. While located in Warren, New Jersey for the convenience of our New Jersey clients, we also serve clients in New York and Florida.