George W. Crimmins
George W. Crimmins practices in the areas of litigation and environmental law. He represents litigation clients in matters concerning commercial transactions, environmental, corporate, land use, real estate, and insurance disputes in New Jersey, New York and federal courts.
Mr. Crimmins assists clients with their compliance obligations under federal and state environmental law. He manages the environmental aspects of real estate transactions, including drafting and negotiating environmental contract provisions, achieving compliance with New Jersey’s Industrial Site Remediation Act (“ISRA”), overseeing due diligence activities, and ensuring compliance with environmental permitting requirements. He works with environmental consultants, Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (“LSRPs”), title companies, insurers, governmental agencies and others to effectively coordinate investigative, site remediation, and public relations activities.
Mr. Crimmins is a Director of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Environmental Law Section.
Classes & Seminars
- Environmental Justice under Federal and New Jersey Law, American Foundry Society Environmental Health and Safety Conference (October 2021)
- Legal Ethics, New Jersey State Bar Association Environmental Law Forum (June 2015)
- Update on Environmental Risk Management Strategies: Insurance and Beyond, Speaker and Panel Co-Organizer, N.J. State Bar Association (May 2014)
- The SRRA and LSRP Program: Updates and Perspectives, Speaker, Moderator and Panel Organizer, New Jersey State Bar Association Environmental Law Forum (June 2013)
- Hot Topics in SRRA/ARRCS: NJDEP Insights into Remediation Funding Sources, Financial Assurance, Presumptive Remedies and Enforcement, Speaker and Panel Co-Organizer, N.J. State Bar Association (December 2012)
- Sustainable Remediation Practices, Speaker, Riker Danzig Seminar, “New Developments in Site Remediation” (January 2009)
- “Can A Consulting Firm With LSRPs Provide Confidential Due Diligence?”, published in New Jersey Commerce Magazine, September 2012, Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal, September 14, 2012, and New Jersey Commerce Magazine 2013-2014 Best Practices Guide.
- EWMA Environmental Insider Newsletter, Editor and Contributing Author (2012-2014).
- Riker Danzig Environmental Update, Contributing Author, (2007-2011).
- Stahl v. Bauer Auto., Inc., 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 132367 (D.N.J. 2019) (obtained summary judgment dismissing CERCLA claims asserted by neighboring landowner)
- Morgan Stanley Services Corp. v. NJDEP, 2011 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 182 (App. Div. 2011) (Successfully reinstated an NFA determination which had been improperly rescinded by NJDEP)
- Thales v. Tri-Gem Int’l, 2006 NYLJ LEXIS 5061 (Supreme Ct., Nassau County) (obtained summary judgment in litigation over international business transaction)
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. – 2003
- Skidmore College
- B.S. – 1998 Honors: With Honors in Business
- New Jersey, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2003
- New York, 2004
- Assistant Scoutmaster, BSA Troop 280, Chatham, N.J.
- Merit Badge Counselor, BSA Patriot’s Path Council
- Rising Star, New Jersey Super Lawyers Magazine, 2011
- Archibald R. Murray Award for Public Service
Offering Clear, Actionable Help And Advice
Our experienced legal professionals are ready to evaluate your case and craft customized strategies.
Herold Law, P.A., provides a full range of legal services for businesses in New Jersey, New York, and Florida. To speak with a legal professional experienced in your area of need, call 908-679-5011 or complete our simple intake form to schedule a consultation. While located in Warren, New Jersey for the convenience of our New Jersey clients, we also serve clients in New York and Florida.