Craig S. Provorny
908-647-1022 x 135 Phone
Craig Provorny is a co-Managing Director of Herold Law. His practice focuses on counseling clients in employment-related matters, representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in trust and estate litigation, environmental cost recovery actions, plaintiff insurance recovery, and general commercial litigation, including shareholder disputes. Craig has appeared in both state and federal courts, including the trial, appellate, and New Jersey Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Herold Law, P.A. in 1992, Mr. Provorny served in the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety as an Assistant Environmental Prosecutor in the Office of the Environmental Prosecutor, as well as a Deputy Attorney General representing the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
Representative cases for Mr. Provorny include:
- Trial counsel for shareholder claiming minority oppression.
- Trial and appellate counsel for nursing home against whistleblower action brought by former nurse at facility.
- Trial counsel for family who were partners in a business and whose assets were transferred to two other businesses without their knowledge.
- Trial counsel for purchaser of property defrauded by the seller in obtaining environmental approvals from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
- Trial counsel for national charitable organization in dispute over Will where charity was a named beneficiary.
- Trial counsel for gasoline station landlord whose property was contaminated with gasoline discharged by the station operator.
- Trial counsel for individuals whose ERISA pension benefits were wrongfully withheld.
- Trial counsel for corporations seeking to obtain insurance coverage for remediation of contaminated property.
- Trial counsel for individual denied disability insurance.
- Trial counsel for bankrupt corporation suing prior officers and directors for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Trial counsel for individuals suffering personal injury from mold exposure.
- Morristown Associates v. Grant Oil Co., 220 N.J. 360 (2015);
- Celanese Ltd. v. Essex County Improvement Authority, 404 N.J. Super. 514 (App. Div. 2009);
- James Hitesman v. Bridgeway, Inc. d/b/a Bridgeway Care Center, 218 N.J. 8 (2014);
- Trimarco v. Trimarco, 396 N.J. Super. 207 (App. Div. 2007);
- In re Contest of the Democratic Primary Election, 367 N.J. Super. 261 (App. Div. 2004);
- Villa Enterprises Management Ltd. v. Federal Insurance Company, 360 N.J. Super. 166 (Law Div. 2002);
- In re Cadgene Family Partnership, 286 N.J. Super. 270 (App. Div. 1995);
Regional Recycling, Inc. v. State of N.J. Department of Environmental Protection, 127 N.J. 568 (1992).
- Note, “The Outer Limits of Section 542 of the Bankruptcy Code: United States v. Whiting Pools, Inc. Revisited,” 7 Cardozo L. Rev. 935 (1986).
- Co-Author, “Personal Liability for Shareholders, Officers,” N.J. Law Journal (June 8, 1992).
- Co-Author, “A Guide to Environmental Laws Impacting Real Estate Development & Construction,” N.J. Building Contractor, Volume 11 (1992).
- Avid tennis player and skier