George W. Crimmins
Mr. Crimmins assists clients with their compliance obligations under federal and state environmental law. He manages the environmental aspects of real estate transactions, including drafting and negotiating environmental contract provisions, achieving compliance with New Jersey’s Industrial Site Remediation Act (“ISRA”), overseeing due diligence activities, and ensuring compliance with environmental permitting requirements. He works with environmental consultants, Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (“LSRPs”), title companies, insurers, governmental agencies and others to effectively coordinate investigative, site remediation, and public relations activities.
Mr. Crimmins is a Director of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Environmental Law Section and a member of the Justice Stewart Pollock Environmental American Inn of Court.
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2003
- Honors: Archibald R. Murray Award for Public Service
- Skidmore College
- B.S. - 1998
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Business
- New Jersey, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2003
- New York, 2004
- Rising Star, New Jersey Super Lawyers Magazine, 2011
Classes & Seminars
- Legal Ethics, New Jersey State Bar Association Environmental Law Forum (June 2015)
- Update on Environmental Risk Management Strategies: Insurance and Beyond, Speaker and Panel Co-Organizer, N.J. State Bar Association (May 2014)
- The SRRA and LSRP Program: Updates and Perspectives, Speaker, Moderator and Panel Organizer, New Jersey State Bar Association Environmental Law Forum (June 2013)
- Hot Topics in SRRA/ARRCS: NJDEP Insights into Remediation Funding Sources, Financial Assurance, Presumptive Remedies and Enforcement, Speaker and Panel Co-Organizer, N.J. State Bar Association (December 2012)
- Sustainable Remediation Practices, Speaker, Riker Danzig Seminar, “New Developments in Site Remediation” (January 2009)
- Youth Baseball, Basketball, and Soccer Coach, Chatham Recreation Department
- Den Leader, Cub Scout Pack 24, Chatham Township, N.J.
- “Can A Consulting Firm With LSRPs Provide Confidential Due Diligence?”, published in New Jersey Commerce Magazine, September 2012, Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal, September 14, 2012, and New Jersey Commerce Magazine 2013-2014 Best Practices Guide.
- EWMA Environmental Insider Newsletter, Editor and Contributing Author (2012-2014).
- Riker Danzig Environmental Update, Contributing Author, (2007-2011).
- Morgan Stanley Services Corp. v. NJDEP, 2011 WL 222178, N.J. Super., App. Div.